Terms and Conditions of use
This is a website operated by MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A (hereinafter called “MSC” or “we”). MSC is registered in Switzerland and its registered office is at 12-14 Chemin Rieu, 1208 Geneva, Switzerland.
Access to the MSC website
Access to the MSC website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to suspend or amend all or any part of the service provided on the MSC website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the MSC website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You may use the MSC website only for lawful purposes.
Because some users of the internet perform illegal and malicious acts, MSC does not assure users of the safety of the MSC website. Users are strongly recommended to have their own regularly updated precautions in place, such as anti-virus and malware software, that at minimum meets typical current standards for internet users (“internet user precautions”).
Prohibited uses include but are not limited to use :
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- To copy, download, reproduce, distribute or use any of the material found on the MSC website unless for personal use or unless you have obtained express written permission to do so from MSC or:
- Knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material containing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware (“computer viruses”)
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the MSC website
- any equipment or network on which the MSC website is stored
- any software used in the provision of the MSC website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the MSC website, including, without limitation:
- MSC tracking and tracing of containers
- MSC Ocean Schedules and Sailing Schedules
Where we do provide any interactive service, the data these services provide is for information only and are not definitive. No warranty whatsoever is made as to the accuracy of the data provided. Any results or calculations produced using these interactive services, including, without limitation, demurrage fees through the Tracking and Tracing System are for guidance only and are subject to confirmation by the appropriate local Agents.
Suspension and Termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the MSC website
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the MSC website
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, an indemnity for administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you to recover damages, including without limitation for reputational damages, or any other legal remedy available to us
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is appropriate in our absolute discretion
We exclude all liability whatsoever to you for actions taken by us in response to breaches of a breach of these terms of website use, even if such action is proven to have been negligent. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
MSC does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damages of whatever nature and howsoever arising from reliance on any information or materials contained on the MSC website even when such loss or damage arises from our act, neglect or default.
MSC will not be liable for any damage resulting from a computer virus, whether or not you have taken internet user precautions. Nor will MSC be liable for any damage to a third party to any information or data contained in the MSC website.
MSC does not guarantee that access to and use of the MSC website will be uninterrupted or error-free. MSC has no responsibility for the content of any external internet websites which are linked to or from the MSC website.
Status of Website Terms and Conditions
MSC does not warrant or represent that the user or any other party’s use of the Content or the Services available via the MSC website will not infringe the rights of third parties.
Intellectual Property Rights
Ownership of all copyrights, database rights, patents, trade or service marks, product names or design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade secrets and confidential information and any similar rights existing in any territory now or in the future (“Intellectual Property Rights”) and similar rights and interests in all domain names, trade marks, logos and branding appearing on the website and all content, or otherwise relating to the structure of the website and the Services offered by MSC via the website, vests in MSC or its licensors.
Law and Juridiction
MSC may assist or co-operate with authorities in any jurisdiction in relation to any direction or request to disclose personal or other information regarding any user or the use of the MSC website, content or services.
|Back | Top|